This tour combines two 8 day tours (The gateway to the Sahara + the Atlas and the desert) and offers you the chance to discover the contrasts of the Southeast and the Northwest of Tunisia.
- arrival to Jerba (if your flight is to Tunis Carthage Airport, you will be transferred by internal flight to Jerba.
- Evening meal and overnight in Jerba
- departure to Ksar Ghilane
- Lunch in Ksar Ghilane
- Discover the oases, meet the camel drivers and set off for the Grand Erg
- Evening meal and overnight in bivouacs
|Day 3 to 9
- trekking and bivouac in the world of dunes, oases and Erg
- Arrival to Douz
- Evening meal and overnight in Douz
- departure to El Kef via the Table of Jugurtha
- Evening meal and overnight in EL Kef
- trekking EL kef/ Touiref
- Visit the archeological site of Chemtou
- Evening meal and night in Jendouba
- visit the site of Bulla Regia
- Trekking Bulla Regia and Ain Draham
- Evening meal and overnight in Ain Draham
- trekking Ain Draham/ Tabarka
- Evening meal and overnight in Tabarka
- trekking along the north coast
- Transfer to Tunis via Ichkeul Lake (visit Ichkeul)
- Evening meal and overnight stay in Tunis
- transfer to Tunis Carthage Airport
- Return flight
- an average of 5 hour walk a day
|Level of difficulty
|4X4 cars or a minibus and camels
|In the South, tour guide and camel drivers who will be responsible for all your travel logistics and food. In the North you will be catered for by our ecotourism guide and drivers.
|Bivouacs and Bedouin tents and hotels
|See trekking information kit list for more details.